Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wed & Thur - 4/11 and 4/12

Wednesday April 11, 2012

A. Pull ups 4x22 unbroken; rest 3 min.
---all 4 sets unbroken. First two were great and last 2 sets got slow/fatigued around 17, but finished out. Not near as sore today as I was after last weeks session of 20 unbroken.

B. Ring HSPU 4x12; rest 2
---Shoulder still feels good on the rings. All 4 sets were done unbroken. 4th set was a bit of a struggle and had to kip the last few. Other than that, felt great.

C. Toes 2 bar 3x15; rest 90 sec.
---Had to break on the 10th rep every set due to hands hurting. I realize that sounds very wimpy, but my calluses were kiiiiiiiilling me.

Run 800m x 3; rest 200m walk
---Runs felt miserable. Hamstrings were fried from the day before. First run was 4:05, then 4:18, and 4:27
Rest 10 min.
Run 800m x 3; rest 200m walk
---After resting my hamstrings were beyond tight and fatigue so I opted to skip the last 3 runs. On one hand I'm disappointed in myself because I need to get these runs in. But, at the same time, I felt it wouldn't be that beneficial if my runs were going to be slow jogs.

More stretching needs to be done on a daily basis - emphasis on my hamstrings. Fo sho.

Thursday April 12, 2012

3 sets; rest 4 min.
7 deadlifts @ 275
Air dyne 25 sec. @ 100%
---Deadlifts were all fast, unbroken - Felt great. Air dynes, of course, were brutal, but good. First one is always the worst. Recovered well between sets.
+
3 sets; rest 4 min.
5 TnG power cleans @ 185
row sprint 25 sec.

---Power cleans were all good. First set was sloppy (didn't stretch my wrists) and sprints felt fine on the rower.
I got out my phone and recorded these, but lost the first 2 sets. I managed to save the 3rd. First pull from the ground isn't too smooth, and on the 4th I managed to botch the return to the floor somehow. I wasn't fatigued....just had a mental snafu.

No comments:

Post a Comment