Friday, September 27, 2013

1st day of starting over - Sept. 27, 2013

This week I started with a new approach with physical therapy. So far, after 2 visits I am already starting to feel much, much better. They have also given me a better view on what I can/should do and what I should avoid. The date of my surgery was June 13, 2013. I have basically not done anything since April, so it should be interesting starting over from almost scratch. I am told I should be able to return to normal activity in time. It's both humbling and frustrating having something so important to your lifestyle taken away for such a long time. I am going on 6 months without any type of exercise. It definitely makes you appreciate the God given ability to do anything from every day things like being to help my wife around the house all the way up to Olympic lifting. I will be updating my blog to keep a better handle on what I am doing and ensuring I don't over do anything in the process. I anticipate a very slow process. Main things I am to avoid for the time being: Cleans Snatches Deadlifts Handstand Push Ups Double Unders Push Ups Back Extensions GHD Sit Ups Kettle bell swings Friday - Sept. 27, 2013 - 10 am to 11:30 am Warm Up (I will skip the boring details) A. Front Squat Warm up 5x5 @ 45# 5 reps @ 65 x 1 5 reps @ 85 x 4 B1. Box Jump 5 sets of 5 @ 20" B2. Crunch with side rotation 5 sets of 10 (5 per side) C. Bench Press 5 @ 135 x 2 5 @ 165 x 2 5 @ 185 x 2 5 @ 205 x 2 D. Cool down stretches

No comments:

Post a Comment